At the IEEE International Conference on Cyber Situational Awareness, Data Analytics and Assessment (CyberSA 2021)
Virtual / Online | June 14 – 16, 2021
Submission Deadline is February 26, 2021
All deadlines are GMT.
- Submission deadline: February 26, 2021
- Notification: April 1, 2021
The International Workshop on Cyber Insurance and Risk Controls (CIRC 2021) is a workshop organised and sponsored by the University of Oxford. It is co-located as part of the CyberSA 2021 conference.
IEEE is the technical sponsor while University of Oxford is the scientific sponsor of the CyberSA 2021 conference. It is open to the public, so you can attend the event without presenting a paper. Registration for both authors and attendees (without presenting a paper) opens in March 2021. You are welcome!
Insurance companies are facing new challenges with the increasing demand for policies to cover cyber incidents such as data breaches and business interruption. Traditional risk assessments are no longer enough to understand the business impact of a cyber-attack. Cyber Value-at-Risk (CVaR) models have been proposed to quantify security incidents, but they are still quite limited in understanding the specifics of each company and quantifying the risk for a large number of feasible scenarios. A more holistic approach should be considered, but the lack of data and understanding of risks, makes it a challenging problem. In this workshop we solicit research papers and latest advances in the topic of cyber insurance, as well as case analyses that examine the effectiveness of current security controls.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Cyber Insurance
- Cyber Risk Assessment
- Cyber Risk Propagation
- Security Controls and Standards
- Cybersecurity Metrics and their Measurements
- Maturity Models and Frameworks
- Cyber Value-at-Risk (CVaR)
- Cyber Economics
- Economics Approaches for Cybersecurity
- Cyber Harm
TYPE OF SUBMISSIONS/PAPERS
- Full papers (maximum of 8 pages)
- Short Papers (maximum of 4 pages)
Both long (8 pages max., roughly 8,000 words) and short (4 pages max., roughly 4,000 words) paper submissions should be written in English and be submitted electronically via the EasyChair conference portal.
Submission file formats are PDF and Microsoft Word using the IEEE A4 Paper Templates that can be found at the corresponding C-MRiC website.
Steering Committee Chairs
- Arnau Erola – Cyber Security Centre, Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
- Xavier Bellekens – University of Strathclyde, Scotland, UK
- Cyril Onwubiko – Centre for Multidisciplinary Research, Innovation and Collaboration, UK
- Jason Nurse – University of Kent, UK
- Erin Kenneally – Cyber Security Division, Science and Technology Directorate, Department of Homeland Security, USA
- Per Meland – SINTEF, Norway
- Ulrik Franke – RISE SICS, Sweden
- Jose Such – King’s College London, UK
- Antonios Gouglidis – Lancaster University, UK
- Gaurav Misra – Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Tristan Caulfield – University College London, UK
- Ioannis Agrafiotis – University of Oxford, UK
- Ben Shreeve – University of Bristol, UK
- Artsiom Yautsiukhin – National Research Council, Italy
- Ioannis Agrafiotis – Oxford University
- Louise Axon – Oxford University
All accepted papers for the International Workshop on Cyber Insurance and Risk Controls (CIRC 2021) will be listed here.
- 2020 International Workshop on Cyber Insurance and Risk Controls (CIRC 2019) held online / virtual on June 15-19, 2020
- 2019 International Workshop on Cyber Insurance and Risk Controls (CIRC 2019) held at the University of Oxford, Oxford, UK on June 3-4, 2019
- 2018 International Workshop on Cyber Insurance and Risk Controls (CIRC 2018) held at the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow, Scotland, UK on June 11-12, 2018.